Looking for Natural Hair Care Products?

AfroVeda has the right products for your hair - no matter what type you have! Ayurvedic and natural ingredients help you obtain and maintain healthy hair. Visit us at www.AFROVEDA.com and learn why we are the NATURAL choice!

Monday, May 11, 2009

New York Style!!


Hello, everyone!! I recently had the awesome opportunity to spend the weekend with my son in New York. It was his 16th birthday and turned out to be a wonderful place to celebrate! I love NY!!

Prior to our trip, I posted a question regarding protective styles because I wanted an easy style for the weekend. Well, here are a few pictures of what I ended up with. It's a sew-in weave that I actually did myself (although far from professional!). It held up pretty good, though, for an amateur! LOL!! I liked it so much in fact that I re-installed it 2 weeks later (after a henna treatment and an intense deep conditioning treatment with the Ashlii Amala). My hair felt so soft I almost hated covering it back up! But this new style has helped me with the hand-in-hair syndrome I seem to have picked up! Now it's growing like a weed!! I keep it moisturized with both the Khorem Hair Serum and the Shikakai Hair Growth oil, both of which I apply daily. I can't wait to see the mad growth when I take it down in 3 more weeks!!

This is my son & I in NY on the subway. We were coming back from China Town...you know what that means! Shopping galore!!
This picture was taken 2 weeks later when I re-installed. Looks exactly the same! I'm a happy camper! :-)
All in all my experience with sew-in weaves has been enjoyable. I have had no breakage and it appears to be doing what I hoped it would do....protect!

In perfect peace!

1 comment:

  1. I like it. It looks like your natural hair in the picture in one of your other post.

    ReplyDelete