Looking for Natural Hair Care Products?

AfroVeda has the right products for your hair - no matter what type you have! Ayurvedic and natural ingredients help you obtain and maintain healthy hair. Visit us at www.AFROVEDA.com and learn why we are the NATURAL choice!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Grow It! -- By Chicoro


"Grow It: How To Grow Afro-Textured Hair To Maximum Lengths In The Shortest Time"
(by Chicoro)


I have personally tried all my life to grow my afro-textured hair to unimaginable lengths. I can remember as a child tying a towel around my head and pretending to have long hair -- swishing it around and making it "flow in the breeze". That was so much fun! Then, as I grew older, anything to make it look that way was my pseudo-obsession. My hair was fried, dyed and laid to the side (as my mother used to say!), and I was just amazed at what my hair could do (and endure).

Adulthood (and damage from all that "fun" I had in high school with my ever-changing hair styles) brought me to micros and weaves, yet I still hadn't learned my lesson. I didn't know there was a proper way to take care of my hair so I continued to disrespect it..although not intentionally. Now that I am a mid-lifer I finally am aware of the extreme care and pampering that my hair had been crying out for, and I am more than happy to show it much love!

The book that I am highlighting in this blog was written by someone I truly consider a mentor. She is an incredibly beautiful person, inside and out, and I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge concerning the care of afro-textured hair from her. When she told me that she writing a book about how to grow afro-textured hair long, I almost fell off my chair! Chicoro, with her long, beautiful locks, is going to share her secrets? Done deal. In my mind, the book was already mine. I knew I had to have it, but needed to exercise a little patience and wait for it to become available. As soon as I found out it was on Amazon, I snatched one up. If you don't have this book already, and you are trying to grow your hair, shame on you! :-) Try it out. I'm sure you will love it as much as I do.

Manifold peace & blessings!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've had it in my cart for a while and I am off to buy it now!

    ReplyDelete